What's New in AtD/jQuery
24 Mar 10
- Updated to latest AtD/Core module:
- Added L10n string menu_title_confused_word to localize "Did you mean..."
- Fixed two cases of parent variable polution (two for loops not declaring their vars)
- Fixed bug preventing subsequent occurences of one error (w/ the same context) from highlighting
- Error highlighter now uses beginning of word boundary to accurately find error location in text
- Fixed bug preventing misspelled words in single quotes from being highlighted
- Updated addProofreader to ignore spellcheck attribute. Use
$(textarea[spellcheck!=false]).addProofreader(); to get the old behavior
- Updated proxycss.php to support a lang=[de,en,es,fr,pt] parameter to specify language
- Fixed proxycss reporting wrong content-length to AtD server (and thereby causing a hand) for strings with multi-byte chars
15 Feb 10
- Fixed compatability issues with jQuery 1.4.1. This extension still works with 1.3
- Thanks Gautam for reporting this issue and contributing a patch for ignore suggestion
- Fixed a highlighting issue
- Fixed an I18n issue with AtD Core strings
- Bug fix to AtD Core, was ignoring all show types settings
14 Jan 10
- Made the AtD.setIgnoreTypes and AtD.showTypes calls tolerate whitespaces after commas
- Added localization support to the extension.
- Fixed a bug with spaces getting eaten in IE (occasionally)
- Fixed a bug where (omit) suggestions didn't remove the highlighted phrase
- Added a make.sh to combine multiple scripts into one and to run jsmin if it's in the path
- Added jQuery('selector').addProofreader() function to transparently handle the details of adding AtD to a textarea.
- AtD.checkTextArea now does a better job mimicing the replaced text editor
- Fixed a bug applying suggestions with a ' quote in them.
- Textarea extension now sets contentEditable="true" in proofreading DIV on non-IE browsers. This means some users can edit their text while the errors are displayed.
- Textarea extension now keeps a hidden input buffer (with the form name of the original textarea) in sync with the contents of the proofreading div
- Added a workaround to a bug with CSS communication method escaping the ' character (it's in the CSS proxy file, it replaces \' with ')
- Added a hack to prevent encoding of <, > -> <, > when switching from proofreading mode.
11 Dec 09
- Fixed an error highlighting issue
- Plugin now checks if a global constant, AtD_proofread_click_count exists. If it does--it increments it with each use.
12 Nov 09
- Updated editSelection ability to keep phrase highlighted if no change was made
- Fixed a character escaping issue with AtD.check()
- Plugin is now smarter about reporting an accurate error count (important for showing no errors found message at the right times)
- Added "Diacritical Marks" error type to default ignore list. This is a new AtD style checking option to help restore missing accents to English words
borrowed from other languages.
- Added a scripts/jquery.atd.textarea.js with an API to hook AtD into a TextArea--saves you the work.
3 Nov 09
The purpose of this release is to fix bugs and make this plugin support the full set of features in After the Deadline.
- Added editSelection, explain, ignore, and ready callbacks to
- Text sent to AtD proxy is now escaped properly.
- Added proxy.php from the TinyMCE plugin to the AtD/jQuery distribution. Point
AtD.rpc to proxy.php?url= if you want to use the
- Fixed a bug that allowed two errors in the same span to step on eachother.
27 Oct 09